Sunday, April 29, 2018

Pullin weeds for Grandma Elva

HI!!! Hey everyone!!! How are ya?? First of all, ISABELLE????? WHAT!??!?!?!?!? So cool!!!! I'm so excited for you to go on your mission!!!! 

Okay, so this week was pretty cool. We had interviews on Thursday with President. Man, I love going to those. I always feel strengthened and re-energized after them. His advice is always good, and he definitely knows his missionaries. I think that's the best part. He seems to know and understand me, and of course, I'm his favorite missionary ever. :) (I'm sure all of you expected nothing less hahahahah) I'm kidding. He's great though. And Sister Checketts is awesome!! She seems to have such a deep love for each of her missionaries, just as if we were her own grandkids. :) So interviews were really good. 

We helped Elva Mitchell again this week with her garden. SHES THE SWEETEST LADY EVER!!! I love her so much! She's basically like my Grandma here in Australia. She has us work for her, then feeds us, then talks to us about her life and our life. We've been doing this once a week for the last few weeks, so its been great! This last week, as we were leaving she said "I need to find more work for you so you can keep coming over" and then as we were walking out the door "I love you guys!" AWWW SHES SO SWEET!! I love her!! As we were weeding her garden, we pulled out this massive weed. It took a shovel, and several cuts and scrapes to rip out. (picture below.) 

Happy Luke was finally able to meet up with us!!! He had a good week when he was trying to be Mormon. He didn't receive any answer, but he felt healthier and had a more clear mind. That's a start. We challenged him to continue another week with church, praying, reading, and then no coffee and some other things too. He accepted. So excited to see the results and the progress. Its slowly coming along I think. 

Saturday was trade offs with the assistants! Man! That was so fun!!! Elder Thornton is so smash!!! We went to Macquarie Uni and talked to people there. They were all relatively nice, not UNSW of course.. but really nice. hahaha We actually found a dude, and sat down then and had a lesson with him. That was so fun! 

Overall, good, busy week. I love the work yall. Miss you like crazy, but I love it here. Keep being

awesome!! 
Love ya heaps
Elder Maxfield





No comments:

Post a Comment