Monday, March 4, 2019

I'm going where? To nowhere land hahaha

Hey everyone!! So transfer calls came in last night. The mission is doing something new with transfers. since its on a Wednesday, they are now informing us on Monday night (which will be a normal proselyting day) and then our pday will be on Tuesday for that week. So every 6 weeks my pday will be on a Tuesday. Just FYI. I hope you didn't miss my email too much yesterday! haha
Okay anyways, Im going to a place called Tamworth. Now, I'm in Canberra. My area in the 2nd farthest south area that a missionary is currently serving in right now. The furthest is literally 5 minutes from my flat hahaha. So Tamworth is the second farthest north area, but the farthest away. Ill be traveling over 500ks and itll take me about 9 hours.. i think hahaha. I'm super excited actually. From what I can gather about Tamworth (thankfully elder Tobler served there for 6 months) its just super super outback. Really interesting people. The best stories seem to come from Tamworth, so we'll see what happens. I'm excited though. It should be a good transfer. having 3 transfers left, I'm not quite sure what will happen; if I'll stay there or go somewhere else, but I'm excited either way. We'll see what we can make of it. 
My new companion is Elder Pabona. He served in Canberra a few transfers ago, so I already know him a bit. And I'll be sending him home at the end of this transfer. So we'll see what happens. It should be a good transfer. I'm really excited to see what true Australia is like. 
So other news. This week we did a lot of service. On Tuesday we helped out an old lady with her garden. It was really funny. She asked us to dig a whole underneath this massive bush. So we started, one person was leaning up against the bush to hold it back and the other was shoveling. We got to harder dirt after a bit, so we needed to break out the pick-ax. So that explains the video. No worries, no harm was done during the making or after the making of that video. 
We also started prepping for a new form of finding! So don't judge on this cause we don't have any investigators so we're trying to find new ones. So there's a lot of old single ladies in our ward, and as usual, they have a lot of friends. So, Elder Tobler had the idea of using his ability to crochet, and turning it into a finding activity. So we started organizing the first ever Canberra Crochet Club!! WOOHOO! We invited all the old ladies in our ward and some of the non-member old ladies we know as well. There were actually a lot of people that were really excited about it! So that was cool! Itll be going on on Thursday, so I'll miss it. But I guess I know how to crochet now, so that's cool. hahahahaha (wow... what have I become..?) 
So that was all fun and games. Lastly, to finish off the transfer strong, we had a food eating competition with the zone today. Elder Tobler and I had the very very bad fortune of drawing for McDonalds. We had to eat a BigMac, Double Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger, McChicken, 10 nuggets, 4 medium fries, and 4 medium drinks. Well, needless to say, we didn't finish. That was soooo much food, and I didn't want to throw up, so I stopped. hahaha. I think the only one who finished was elder Leae who ate 3 feet of subway sandwiches! So yeah. 
Well, I think that's all the information I can muster for ya today. Overall, this has been yet another great transfer. I want yall to know that missionary work is awesome!! And even though most of you don't have the current opportunity to serve a full time mission, you can still do the work wherever you are. The leaders of the church time and time again have told us of the importance of this work, gathering Israel, and I've come to realize its importance over this last year and a half. Yall can do the work at home too! Share the message with your friends. Whether that's by inviting them to church, or inviting them to a ball game. It doesn't matter. When you do a good thing, find out how you can turn that into a ministering opportunity. You'll see blessing upon blessing flow into your life. 
Okay, that's my shpeel. Love yall heaps!!!!! Keep being awesome!!!!! 
Love Elder Maxfield

Found this cool mural thingy. Hahahhaha what the heck? 
Service. 
Safety first kids! Make sure to wear your helmet



No comments:

Post a Comment