Sunday, March 10, 2019

I still dont really know where I am

Wow, this place is a bit different than my other areas. hahaha. Its a great place though!! A lot of fun! 
Okay so this week was nuts! Tuesday we had a good pday. Kickball and food eating challenges. What could be better? 
Wednesday was the crazy day. I was supposed to get up at 3am to catch my 5:30am train (which was an hour drive away). Well, I heard my alarm go off, turn it off, and passed out again. Woke up again with Elder Santana turning the lights on at 4am (he woke up then to say bye) shaking his head doing a total disappointed mom look. Needless to say, I got ready very very fast. We got out to Goulburn on time and I got my train. Elder Leae and I traveled up together to Macaurthur and then I changed trains, went to central. 
So its awesome to serve in the city for many reasons. One of them being that you can tell your friends that you're going to have a train change at central station and they can come and say hi! Hahaha. So I got to see archie amber and Yvette. But wait!!! Who comes out of the train unexpectedly on his way to work?? TOU!!!!! Man, i missed Tou. Hes the man. So I got to see all of them. They're all pretty dang awesome. 
Alright, next stop, maitland. Maitland was a beautiful! 2 1/2 hour train ride. Such pretty coastline!!! It was awesome. 
So when i get up there at 12 and meet the zone, gotta wait for my comp, elder pabona. He got there around 1 and we headed to tamworth. That was a long 3 hour drive hahaha. Almost fell asleep 
Tamworth is a good place. It's a lot busier than I thought itd be, but still not very busy hahaha. Town of about 40,000 and most people are very very country like people. The ward here has about 20 active members and they're all pretty solid. We're trying to get a few people back to church though. Church really is so important. So that's a good time. 
Ummm okay. So what else? Friday night we went back down to maitland cause Saturday we had a mission conference! Wow! Lit! So this time, Elder Ardern (some area 70) and the executive of the mission department came!! They mostly trained on the doctrine of Christ and how we can get that message into the hearts of those we are teaching more effectively. 
Besides the training, IT WAS SO FUN TO SEE ALL THE MISSIONARIES AGAIN!!!!!!!!! Man, I realized how many awesome friends I've made out here. The missionaries are so awesome and it's so cool to see how a lot of us are so tight, even though there's over 250 of us. A couple of my friends are either home now, or going home soon, which us sad. I'm so grateful to have served around such awesome people!!!! 
Sunday we got to meet the whole ward!!!! (Basically). All 20 of them. Hahahha. Its not too hard to remember who everyone is when there's only 20. It'll take me a few more days though to solidify who's who. 
Welp that's a whole lot of fun right there. Today we did service and just chilled. Almost nothing to do for pday here, but that's okay. 
My comp is awesome btw. Hes from the Philippines and is going home in 2 transfers! I'm sure hes stoked! But we're getting along well and I'm learning a lot about the Philippines. Which is awesome. Who woulda thought that even though I had heaps of Filipino friends growing up, I knew nothing about it. Hahahahha. Oh well. 

Love yall heaps! Stay fresh, not frozen. 
Elder Maxfield 

Train station homies!!!! (Right to left: Archie Yvette amber) 
Tou!!!!!
Elder Bowers! (I was supposed to take more pics at the conference but forgot...)
When you have district meeting via Skype, you get a little bored. 








No comments:

Post a Comment