Sunday, October 28, 2018

4 sticks and a big tub of glue

Wow! As you can tell by the title, this has been a hectic week! I'll start with Tuesday cause that's the beginning of the week. Lol
Well, we decided that we wanted to SMASH! week 6, so we tried to get in a lot of hours. We left the flat on Tuesday at 8am to do some finding and realized that it wasn't too crazy effective. Oh well. We met some nice people. That night we met with Julia!! Nooo! She's gone tomorrow!! I'm sooooo sad! But hey, it'll be okay cause she'll get baptized up there!! (she's meeting her missionaries up there today). It was a good lesson and she bore her testimony to God at the end in her prayer. I love seeing the change this gospel makes in people!!! That was one of the happiest things that's ever happened to me on my mission, seeing people grasp the gospel! I love it!!! 
Wednesday: we're continuing to meet with Mike and he's so interesting. He's a really strange guy, but he's cool. He's pretty dang solid and asked us this last week if he could get baptized tomorrow. Hahaha not yet, but you can soon! 
Thursday: we met with a dude named randlaf! He's soooo keen!!! He told us multiple times during our chapel tour that he wanted to join our organization. Haha. Yes!! You can!!! So that's way cool!!! I'm so excited for the upcoming transfer. I hope all of these people find the truthfulness of the gospel!! Oh! Also on Thursday I had a Chinese burger and it was soooo dang good!!!
Friday: we met with Yvette again! She's been thinking about baptism, so hopefully this next transfer she chooses to be baptized!!! I would love it if she could!!! She's awesome, just needs to pull the trigger. It'll bless her life sooo much!!
Saturday: transfer calls. Well, I've been here for three transfers now, so I guess it's fitting I should leave. I'm headed down to Canberra in an area called Woden.ive heard there's HEAPS of Kangaroos, so I'm excited about that. Hahahhaha a woohoo!!! Also my new comp sounds awesome! Everyone says he's the man!!! I'm sad to leave, but I'm keen to go to Canberra. Hopefully I can find some people to help there!! 
Sunday: we had a musical fireside tonight held by our mission for recent converts and members, and it was awesome!!! It was about temple and family history work, and it was absolutely amazing. Some people dressed up in all white and pretended that they were in spirit prison. They got up and spoke and told a short life story. They then asked if anyone had their name to take to the temple (we all got a slip of paper with a name on it at the beginning). If they did, then there was celebration and happiness when they finally got to leave prison, but if no one did, they kinda just walked off and were sad. The whole thing was amazing and it really brought the life to family history work! I loved it. One of our recent converts who didn't want to go to the temple said that he might start going now because he felt touched! Woohoo!!!! #theSpiritisawesome!
Well that's its for the week! I love you all heaps! I guess the title is pretty self explanatory, so I won't go into that. Have a great week yall!! 
Love Elder Maxfield

Elder Fang 
Yvette. 
Bishop, his wife, and the leavers
Archie
DELICIOUS CHINESE BURGER!! 
Me and Julia last Monday









No comments:

Post a Comment