Sunday, December 2, 2018

The fruit of the Spirit is joy


So for my subject today, I'm gonna address something that I've thought has been pretty funny throughout my mission. Lots of people say to me, "you're having so much fun! Are you even working?" "are you being obedient? You're having too much fun!" or simply "you're having too much fun!" I've always thought this has been pretty funny. Because I definitely am having a ton of fun out here. I love my mission. 
One thing that I've really come to learn on my mission (among many many other things) is that the gospel is joyous! When you live the gospel, you tend to have a good time. You're surrounded by fantastic influences, you have so many opportunities opened up to you, and most of all, you have Him who is called "Comforter" with you at all times. How could you not have a great time in those circumstances?
Now this isn't to say that the mission isn't tough. I'm getting whooped every day here. By Sunday I feel as if my whole body is screaming for me to stay in bed for just 1 (or 5) more hours. But hey, this is like a Ragnar, it's sometimes tough in the moment, but when you're looking back on it, you only remember the fun times. (Plus no one wants a depressing email).
So my mission has been fantastic. I've had some "mean as" times out here. So the gospel truly is happy. It's full of fun. Satan doesn't want us to think/know that, but it's true, following Jesus Christ is the most happy path in this life and in the life to come. I truly do know that because I'm experiencing it right now. Hard times come, but like it says in Alma 36:3, if we put our trust in the Lord, we will be supported in all our trial and afflictions.
Now, on to the week. 
WOW! #flewby! This week was ridiculously fast! I don't even really know what happened. However, I'll report a few things.
1) Matt is on baptismal date for the 5th of January!!! He is so solid and really wants to learn. He told us after the lesson that he hoped practice got canceled so he could go home and read the pamphlet we gave him. Who says that?? Hahaha. He has a deep deep desire to know more of the gospel. He really cares a lot about it. Plus, hes such a cool guy! He told us on Sunday "I was looking to find out where you guys lived" a few minutes later after some discussion "hmm that sounded pretty creepy when I said that huh?" hahahahhahahahahahahhaaahhaha!!!! But he's the man.
2) YVETTE!! (remember her from the city?) GOT BAPTIZED!!!!! oh my gosh it's been a long time coming! There were quite a few missionaries there. Elder Ngatuvai (who I replaced in the city) was there, Elder tobler, Elder Fang, Elder Cowdrey, and Elder Tan were all there to support her (along with many other missionaries currently serving in that ward. The Spirit was so strong during the baptism, especially during the actual ordinance. It was one of the happiest things I've seen on my mission. We really really put in a lot of time planning for her, and she was finally able to make the decision! Everyone was so happy! That was a great end to the week.
Well this next week is projected to be a fast one again. I'm just kicking it off with a nice round of golf. I did terrible, but that's okay, I'm golfing hahaha. This week we have a flat inspection, foot appointment for elder jarvis, a car service, then Christmas conference with the mission. It's loaded! Oh and then transfer calls on Saturday night. 
Well, hope yall are having a great week! Love you heaps! 
Elder Maxfield. 
1) Golf is life
2-the rest) YVETTES BAPTISM





No comments:

Post a Comment