Sunday, May 5, 2019

Wow, I missed the city!


Dang I missed this place so much! Seriously, I love the people here so much and I am so excited to see them all again. 
So this week was a little odd. When I first got here, an old friend, Archie, said "I have to hang out with you." I was totally fine with that; seeing an old friend again. So he took us out to dinner one night and we had a good talk catching up and talking about the gospel as well. Hes so awesome! (We went to the Thai restaurant that we live above hahaha). 
Also, this area is pretty dang wealthy, and a lot of people work, so the daytime is tough. We decided that the best option was to visit all of the 71+ year old people on our ward list to see if they're still there/alive. 
Well, we started and got to one sisters house. She has been less active for a while but was very very sweet and invited us in. We chatted for a while and she talked pretty much about everything. We then said a prayer before we left. On the way out, I walked past a wall that had dirty splotches on it. I looked closer at it to see what they were. Clearly they were from some liquid that had dried. As I got closer, I realized that it was blood. My companion saw it too, got closer, and 100% agreed. There were also feathers all over the floor. I'm not saying this lady is a bird murderer (or a "birderer" I guess) but something went down in there. She was so nice though and gave us food. We'll go back and visit her. She's cool. 
Also, I was able to catch up with a really good friend from when I was with tobler and fang over 6 months ago in the city!! LISA!!!!! She's been in China a lot, but we were able to catch her before she heads back to China next Sunday. We had an awesome time and its sooooo good to hear that she loves the Lord so much still, that she faithfully reads the Book of Mormon frequently, and tries to share it with her family. She's such a stud!! It was awesome to see her again!!! 
Other than that, not much to share. 
Just want yall to know that I love the Lord! He has helped me so much, and I've seen that my desire to serve Him has increased soooo much! That's definitely Him changing me. It's incredible how much He can do that when we let Him. Stay converting everyone! 
Love you heaps
Elder Maxfield

Archie, elder barnes elder halls and I. (We were in a trio)
The zone (well, half of it)
Me elder halls and lisa (elder barnes got transferred) (president is doing CRAZY things with the mission) 






No comments:

Post a Comment